Blue Water Foundation Privacy Notice
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for volunteer.bluewaterfoundation.org. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
Blue Water Foundation is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via the website or other direct contact from you. This currently includes your name, email address, phone number, and postal code. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to communicate with you regarding Blue Water Foundation activities and events, as well as to track training and participation.
Blue Water Foundation does not share volunteer information with any third parties. However, volunteers who sign up for events or sails will be able to see emails of other signed up volunteers for those events. Phone numbers and zip codes can be seen by first captains and event planners.
When you sign up with Blue Water you are automatically added to the “Events” mailing list. This list sends weekly reminders of upcoming Blue Water events and also reminds you of any which you are signed up for. Instructions to remove yourself from the mailing list are included with each mailing.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Mark yourself inactive. When you are inactive your information is not available except to First Captains. You do not receive regular email reminders and cannot sign up for any activities with Blue Water.
If you wish to have all your records deleted permanently, please send email to email@example.com to notify us of your request.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information, that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for "https" at the beginning of the address of the Web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only volunteers who need the information to perform a specific function are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure cloud hosting platform.